Thank you for visiting my website, blog, and shop. I am a writer, artist, and designer with a passion for creating and sharing. Whether it be creating with words or creating with paint; I’ve always enjoyed dreaming up a story or world in which I (and others) can escape.
My mission is to share all that I’ve learned with you. Whether you are a writer, blogger, artist, designer, or reader; my hope is that you come away from my site having learned something positive and new.
I started “creating” at a young age when I took my first private art lesson at 6 or 7 years old. I later caught the writing bug when I was chosen to participate in a young writers program in high school. I went on to study Graphic Design and graduated with a BFA from the Massachusetts College of Art and Design.
I regularly write about art and design, writing and blogging, food allergies, healthy living, parenting, and gardening. I’m sometimes serious and sometimes snarky.
(You can find my blog posts by clicking on Ruth’s Blog.)
Most recently, I’ve started creating printable art as a way to share my love of art, design, typography, and all things handmade.
Printable art is an affordable way to bring quality art into your home for a fraction of the price. Printable art is fast, and a great solution for last-minute gifts.
(You can find my work by clicking on Printable Art Shop. It’s a work in progress and new pieces will be added on a regular basis.)
You can also subscribe to my newsletter below to get exclusive updates on new product listings, sales, as well as tips for growing your own business, blog, or website.
A Little Bit More About Me:
- I’m honest, sometimes painfully so, and oftentimes speak (or write) before thinking which has gotten me into trouble more times than I can count.
- I was voted “Most Liberal” by my senior high school class in our yearbook. (My husband thinks that’s code for something else. I assure you that it’s not.)
- For as long as I can remember I’ve been told that I talk a lot and sometimes over share. (See above.) This often spills into my writing and is why this site is subtitled “Life Uncensored”.
- I’m a Gen Xer raising 2 crazy strawberry blond Gen Z boys born 17th months apart.……………
and two even crazier Wheaten Terriers (Maggie and Finley).
- I’m super fascinated by human behavior, the brain, and why people do the things they do.
Currently I spend my days writing, designing, creating, sometimes gardening (when my seasonal allergies are in check), hiking with the dogs, shuttling the boys around……..and I love it.
I love what I do and know how very lucky I am to be able to do it.
AND I’m so very grateful to you. Whether you are a reader or a client, you make what I do possible.
Thanks so much for stopping by.
PS Looking for a freelance writer/designer, have a question, or just want to chat? Send me an email by visiting my Contact page.