Thank you for visiting my website, blog, and shop. I am a freelance writer, artist, and designer with a passion for creating and sharing. Whether it be creating with words or creating with paint; I’ve always enjoyed dreaming up a story or world in which I (and others) can escape.
I’ve been blogging since 2009 and my mission is to share all that I’ve learned with you. Whether you are a writer, blogger, artist, designer, or reader; my hope is that you come away from my site having learned something positive and new.
For my complete story see:
A Blogging Journey: Success, Failure, Lessons Learned
I started “creating” at a young age when I took my first private art lesson at 6 or 7 years old. I later caught the writing bug when I was chosen to participate in a young writers program in high school. I went on to study Graphic Design and graduated with a BFA from the Massachusetts College of Art and Design.
I regularly write about art and design, writing and blogging, food allergies, healthy living, parenting, and gardening. I’m sometimes serious and sometimes snarky.
You can find my blog posts by clicking on:
Most recently, I’ve started creating printable art as a way to share my love of art, design, typography, and all things handmade.
Printable art is an affordable way to bring quality art into your home for a fraction of the price. Printable art is fast, and a great solution for last-minute gifts.
You can find my work by clicking on:
Printable Art Shop
It’s a work in progress and new pieces will be added on a regular basis.
You can also join my email club below to get free printables, exclusive updates on new product listings, sales, as well as DIY, art, design, writing, and blogging, projects and tips.
A Little Bit More About Me:
- For as long as I can remember I’ve been told that I talk a lot, and sometimes over share. This often spills into my writing, therefore I have a blog section subtitled “Life Uncensored”. This is where I share personal stories about my life in the country. You’ll learn about what I’m reading, what annoys me, and you may pick up some gardening and cooking tips along the way.
- In High School, I played the Cowardly Lion in a one act production of the Wizard of Oz. While I definitely killed it with my “put em up” impression, my acting career never really took off.
- My friends are often surprised to hear that I was captain of the cheering squad in High School. (I’m a bit of a nerd.) Those days definitely paid off because now I’m the lead cheerer at my boys soccer games.
- Speaking of boys; I’m a Gen Xer raising two, CRAZY, strawberry blond, Gen Z boys born 17th months apart.……………
and two even crazier Wheaten Terriers (Finley and Maggie).
- I’m super fascinated by human behavior, the brain, and why people do the (sometimes stupid) things they do.
Currently I spend my days writing, designing, creating, sometimes gardening (when my seasonal allergies are in check), hiking with the dogs, shuttling the boys around……..and I love it.
I love what I do and know how very lucky I am to be able to do it.
AND I’m so very grateful to you. Whether you are a reader or a client, you make what I do possible.
Thanks so much for stopping by.
PS Looking for a freelance writer/designer, have a question, or just want to chat? Send me an email by visiting my Contact page.