What is printable art?
Printable art is high-resolution art that you can print at home, or through a printing service. Printable art is affordable art, and a great way to update your space seasonally. Printable art also makes for great gifts.
What are digital products?
Digital products are products that exist in digital form. They are typically files that you download, and open/use, with the recommended software. Digital products are not physical products.
What are the steps for buying/printing printable art and other digital products?
- Please note that my printable art, and digital products, come as a digital file. You will not receive a physical print, card, envelope, product etc. by mail.
what are the recommended software programs?
When you click on the product download link, your computer will likely ask you how to want to open the file. Following are program recommendations/suggestions. Depending on your computer, you may be able to open some files in a web browser or with a different program than is recommended/suggested.
- All of my printable work (unless specified otherwise) will fit/print on a standard 8.5×11 sheet of paper.
(For larger formats, you can choose the “scale to fit media” setting if you want the print to fit on one sheet of paper.)
- For the best results make sure you select the highest quality setting on your printer and use photographic paper for any photography work. Light-weight card stock can be used for greeting cards and gift tags.
- Printed colors may appear slightly different from the colors on your screen. Colors may also vary from printer to printer. Try switching between matte or glossy paper if you are unhappy with the results.
- If colors seem to be missing on screen for pdfs, check the settings in your pdf reader. In Adobe Acrobat: navigate to Acrobat’s Preferences from Edit > Preferences > Accessibility and check if the checkbox ‘Replace Document colors’ is On or Off. This and changing the background color by going to Tools > Pages > Background should fix any problems.
- Some files will include crop marks at the corners. These are for you to use as cutting guides and are usually on pieces without borders.
- Select portrait or landscape mode depending on your piece and be sure to choose the “print actual size” option.
- You may also send or bring your files to a printing shop.
- Most products do not require any cutting.
- All of my files come with crop marks when necessary. (If they do need cutting.)
- Simply use a pair of scissors, ruler and craft knife, or a paper cutter to cut your item to size.
What is your refund policy?
Due to the nature of digital downloads, all sales are final. Should you have any questions or problems with your file, please contact me and I’ll be happy to assist you.
Where is my link?
Your download link should appear as soon as you place your order. All download links are also emailed to the email address you provide immediately upon process of payment. Be sure to check your spam folder. You can also find all of your download links by signing into your account at My Account. If you still can’t find your download link, contact me and I’ll send you a new link.
What if my link doesn’t work?
This shouldn’t happen. However, in the unlikely event you can’t download your file, or if you received the wrong file, please contact me and I’ll work with you to solve the problem.
Do My Links or Products Expire
Links and products can be used multiple times and do not expire. They are yours to use for as long as the product is available, and this website is up and running. However, we are not responsible for replacing lost files after 30 days from purchase.
Can I use your printable art for commercial purposes?
My printable art, projects, and digital products are intended for personal use only unless specified otherwise. (Commercial use/license products are clearly labeled on each product page.) You may print extra copies as gifts for friends. However, you may not share the download file links, or use any of my work on the internet or for commercial purposes. You also may not resell purchased or freebie files. I retain all rights to my work and downloads. If you’re interested in using my non commercial work for commercial purposes, please contact me to discuss.
Do your greeting cards have messages inside?
All greeting cards are blank on the inside and on the back (unless otherwise specified), with the exception of a small line of type (or logo) on the bottom back of each greeting card that reads “Copyright LovettSmith Design | RuthLovettSmith.com”.
Do you ever offer free printables?
Yes! I do offer free printables, and other digital products, from time to time. Check out the Free Printables section of my shop.
Is There Anything Else I Need to Know?
- Purchased templates, for use on Canva, are subject to Canva’s policies which can be found at https://www.canva.com/policies/
- The photos included within your (template/document) may only be used on the (template/document). You may not extract and use the photos outside of the(template/document). Should you want an extended license to use the photos in a different application, you may do so by subscribing to the Ivory Mix Membership*. (*affiliate link)
This FAQ page was last updated on 7/1/2022