Welcome to my website, blog, and shop. My name is Ruth LovettSmith and I am a freelance writer, blogger, and artist. I help creatives to grow their hobbies, businesses, and brands; in addition to learning new crafts.
My mission is “Happy Creating”. This means bringing joy into your life by doing what you love.
Whether you are a writer, blogger, artist, designer, or reader; my hope is that you come away from my site having learned something positive and new.
For my complete story see:
A Blogging Journey: Success, Failure, Lessons Learned
I started “creating” at a young age when I took my first private art lesson at 6 or 7 years old. I later caught the writing bug when I was chosen to participate in a young writers program in high school. I went on to study Graphic Design and graduated with a BFA from the Massachusetts College of Art and Design.
I regularly write about business, art, design, writing, and blogging. I’m sometimes serious and sometimes snarky.
You can find my blog posts by clicking on:
Most recently, I’ve started creating printable and digital files for business and personal use.
You can find my work by clicking on:
Printable Art Shop
It’s a work in progress and new pieces will be added on a regular basis.
You can also join my “Happy Creating” E-mail Club below to get my FREE guide to finding joy in life by doing what you love; as well as business, art, design, writing, and blogging, projects and tips.
A Little Bit More About Me:
- For as long as I can remember I’ve been told that I talk a lot, and sometimes over share. This often spills into my writing, therefore I have a blog section subtitled “Life Uncensored”. This is where I share personal stories about my life in the country. You’ll learn about what I’m reading, what annoys me, and you may pick up some gardening and cooking tips along the way.
- In High School, I played the Cowardly Lion in a one act production of the Wizard of Oz. While I definitely killed it with my “put em up” impression, my acting career never really took off.
- My friends are often surprised to hear that I was captain of the cheering squad in High School. (I’m a bit of a nerd.) Those days definitely paid off because now I’m the lead cheerer at my boys soccer games.
- Speaking of boys; I’m a Gen Xer raising two, CRAZY, strawberry blond, Gen Z (TEENAGE) boys born 17th months apart.……………
and two even crazier Wheaten Terriers (Finley and Maggie).
- I’m super fascinated by human behavior, the brain, and why people do the (sometimes stupid) things they do.
Currently I spend my days writing, designing, creating, sometimes gardening (when my seasonal allergies are in check), hiking with the dogs, shuttling the boys around……..and I love it.
I love what I do and know how very lucky I am to be able to do it.
AND I’m so very grateful to you. Whether you are a reader or a client, you make what I do possible.
Thanks so much for stopping by.
PS Looking for a freelance writer/designer, have a question, or just want to chat? Send me an email by visiting my Contact page.