This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase something through these links, I may receive a commission at no extra charge to you. For more information, see my full disclosures HERE.
If you are looking for an honest Causebox review, you’ve come to the right place. I have been a member for a full year now, and am happy to share the pros, cons, ins, and outs of Causebox.
What is Causebox?
Causebox is a gift box filled with socially conscious products curated for women. It is delivered (seasonally) four times a year. You can purchase one box, or subscribe for the full year.
What’s in a Causebox?
Each Causebox is filled with over $150 worth of socially conscious products, for $49.95. First time customers are often offered a $10 coupon off of their first order.
Products cover a variety of categories and range from home products, to beauty products, to jewelry.
Why Socially Conscious?
Causebox works with amazing companies that empower women and create jobs. Many products are hand made. Each Causebox, company, and product has a story that is outlined in a booklet included in the box.
Honest Causebox Review
I have purchased a total of 5 boxes to date. An annual subscription plus a “Best Of” box. Each box has arrived in perfect condition. The items are always well packed, and nothing has ever been damaged.
Following is a breakdown of each box I recieved:
Winter 2018 Causebox
- Krochet Kids Pom Pom Beanie $34 retail value.
- Tribe Alive Table Runner – Wall Hanging $72 retail value.
- Level Natural Candle $20 retail value.
- Half United Hex Cuff in Gold $45 retail value.
- Honest Beauty Magic Balm $18 retail value.
- Causebox 49 Great Questions $12 retail value.
- Fylla Giessing Art Print $10 retail value.
- Anchal Project Gift Card $30 retail value.
Fall 2017 Causebox
- Mr. B’s Necessities Aromatherapy Roll-Ons $49.95 retail value.
- Badala Kuni Utensil Set $18 retail value.
- Nisolo Luggage Tag $18 retail value.
- Mela Artisans Chevron Photo Frame $50 retail value.
- Jimani Collections Tatu Triangle Necklace $35 retail value.
- Caterina Bianchini Refrigerator Art Magnet Set $10 retail value.
Summer 2017 Causebox
- Mason Bar Co. To Go Lid, 24 oz Tumbler, Metal Straw $20.90 retail value.
- Kalos Skin Triple Threat Detox Masque $39 retail value.
- Altru Goods Hardcover Journal $24 retail value.
- Haiti Design Co-op Leather Tassel Keychain $14 retail value.
- Kuli Kuli Superfood Moringa Packets $4 retail value.
- Pura Vida Bracelet 2 Pack $10 retail value.
- Nashelle Rose Gold Adjustable Wave Ring $46 retail value.
- Altru Goods Gold Foiled Bookmark $5 retail value.
- Shelley Steer Rose Gold Foiled Print $10 retail value.
- All Good Coconut Sunscreen Stick $8.99 retail value.
Spring 2017 Causebox
- Altru Stay True Canvas Banner $68 retail value.
- Braid Room and Linen Spritzer $19.99 retail value.
- Banded 6 Pack of Hair Ties $6.98 retail value.
- This Bar Saves Lives Dark Chocolate, Cherry, and Sea Salt Bar $2.69 retail value.
- Mudlove Exclusive Multi-Use Container $18 retail value.
- Sasa Designs Mini Equator Stud Earrings
- The Renewal Workshop Gift Card $20 retail value.
- Lili Arnold Exclusive “Be You” Prit $10 retail value.
You can see prior boxes and their contents on the Causebox website.
You can see from the list above, that there is a variety in each box. There is also a nice variety from box to box, if you are an annual subscriber.
When I first joined, Causebox was slow to ship my box out to me. I promptly received an email from the owner letting me know he was looking into the situation. I believe that the company was experiencing quick growth and was having difficulty keeping up with orders. After that single incident, I always received my boxes on time.
There was one time that an item was missing from a box. Customer service was quick to send the missing item out. Another time, some customers (including myself) experienced tarnishing with a piece of jewelry. Causebox (and the company) were quick to offer a code for the value of the piece, to purchase a new item.
- Top notch customer service.
- Socially conscious and well made products.
- Purchase supports numerous female run small businesses.
- Get to try new products.
- Excellent value for the price.
- Don’t know what you are receiving, ahead of time, as an annual subscriber.
- There can be hiccups, like missing items.
(Though customer service is always quick to solve the situation.)
- There are no product options or choices, like some other subscription box companies.
Would I Buy a Causebox Again?
The short answer is yes, absolutely. However, I would likely wait until the box is revealed and decide whether or not those products interest me that month.
That being said, it’s important to note that Causebox ALWAYS sells out. So if you are interested in purchasing a box on a season by season basis, you must keep tabs on when the new box is revealed.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this Causebox Review. If you are interested in learning more, be sure to visit the Causebox website.